This is the original pulpit from the Bideford Methodist Church.
In 1947, a new and first bathroom was installed in the immediate left corner of this room. A short hallway then led to a doorway into a smaller bedroom.

In order to restore the house to it's appearance in 1894-95, the bathroom and partitions have been removed and the fixtures have been installed in a staff washroom in a corner of the shed.

The pulpit, hymn-board, stained glass window, chairs and pew have all come from the Bideford United Church. It is believed that they all date back to 1890 when the church was built as a Methodist Church.

This room houses memorabilia of the church and pictures of former ministers and couples who pledged their marriage vows in this house. Many artefacts from the community are displayed here as well.